55 gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vitacrux

Aquarium Advice Activist
Some one donated a 55 gal tank to me. Exciting right? So was I until I started piecing together stuff for it and spending money haha. Anyway here is my custom stand all stained and ready to go.

Had to buy a hood for 90 dollars I thought this was alot, but according to the store it's pretty standard.

And the fluval 405 is in the mail. :)

Attachments

• image-3381073332.jpg
    image-3381073332.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 106
Very cool! That sounds about right..I just spent about $43 for a standard hood/flour. lamp for a 20 long.

Well my current stocking plans would be to put my 4 yellow labs in there and add another four or five females. Because as of right now I have 2 males 2 females. Also my common pleco and peacock eel will be transferred in there. Any suggestions?

I also have a kenyi and a red jewel that will be the sole inhabitants of my 29 gal until they can be rehomed.

I would rehome the common and purchase a bristlenose instead. Then I would stock another mbuna species to go with the labs, preferably something blue to contrast the yellow, maybe blue johannii or socolofi would be cool.

Last edited:
I really like the johannis. So if I am able to switch out the pleco for a BN what would be the ideal numbers to keep the fish in?

Thanks hukit. Your info is always helpful. I'll be sure to post some pictures once I get it up and going.

Tank has cleared up nicely. Starting to cycle.
Fluval 405 with poly fil in bottom tray gravel from established aquarium in second. And bio media ceramics in third and top.
150 watt used heater my lfs sold to me for ten dollars.

I find it annoying that my air pump is the only thing that makes nose on the aquarium haha.

Attachments

• image-3658725010.jpg
    image-3658725010.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom