60G Cichlid Tank Re-done!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I finally got to remodel my cichlid setup PLUS get more cichlids. I got some comparising pictures and a video so enjoy.

Inhabits:

(2) Female Kenyi's.
(2) Female or Male Auratus's (Fish guy at store said one will most likely change sex, so I might have 1 male and 1 female.)
(1) Red Zebra Juve "Red-Red" Strain.
(1) Venutus
(1) Male SP44 Hap. "Red Tail"
(1) Orange Leleupi
(1) Small Bushy Nose Pleco
(1) Large Chocolate Albino Pleco

Well Here is the Video, tell me what you think :D

http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/FishCrazyBenBOMB/60%20Gallon%20Cichlid%20Setup/?action=view&current=722aeb54.pbr

^Direct link to video.

I think it looks awesome. What do you keep the ph in the tank?... Is is 8.0 or more around 7.0. P.h. doesnt really mean alot in the grand scheme of things I was just wondering because I dont have cichlids.. Well not a cichlid tank. I have GBRs in a community tank but the p.h there is 7. what do you keep it at?

What do you use to test the ph etc? Is there a particular kit/brand that is best?

kee

Do not use tabs whatever you do ... They are general (very) with liquid test you can be more precise. For my fresh water I use API FW master test kit. For my salt water I dont know what I am going to use yet. Have yet to fill the tank so no water no water test kit needed.

thanks so much! Can I buy the API FW master test kit from regular pet stores like Petsmart?

thank again

kee

Couldn't see a lot because of my stupid slow dial-up, Ben, but what I saw looked really pretty.

-------------

Curly

Thanks, looks even better now. Haven't gotten any new pictures yet.

Updates:

Sad thing is, my LFS is continuing in buying bad stock, or i'm just doing something wrong because my cichlid tank is the only one that i'm having troubles with out of all 6 of my tanks. I'm down to 4 cichlids. My Red zebra, both my kenyis, then one auratus. Then my chocolate pleco, BN pleco, and CAE are all doing fine.

All my water parameters are fine aswell. What am I doing wrong? Am I doing anything wrong?

too bad about the stock. I hope it clears up soon! It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong..

kee

Back
Top Bottom