60 Gallon Tank Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtino

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is what I have for a 60 gallon tank setup so far. Let me know if there are any concerns or if I should add anything else for equipment. I’m new to this big of a tank so I’m providing as much detail as possible.

Tank: Clear for Life 60 Gallon Acrylic tank with black background. 48L x 15W x 20H. The tank will have plants, driftwood, and caves as décor.
Substrate: Light colored or Black sand. Not sure if the fish would look okay with black sand and a black background
Filter: Fluval 407 Cannister Filter
Power Head

Stocking:
1 Red Tail Shark
12 Tiger Barbs
2 Female Kribensis Cichlids – I don’t want any breeding, so I don’t know if not having a male will be a problem.
5 Redline Torpedo Barbs

I’m reading mix reviews on keeping a RTS and Torpedo barbs in the same tank. thanks

Get a pair of Krib's. I've got a pair in my 60 gal. They live in a rock pile and keep to themselves for the most part. They are just amazing looking while courting. They are great parents and I donate the offspring to my guy at the LFS.

Tiger barbs... Im one of the few from what I have been reading here that likes tiger barbs, If I were you I'd just get all tiger barbs in that 60 gallon... but thats me. My experience has been great after having them for a couple of years. Can't speak for the torpedo barbs mixing with the tigers, keep on eye on it. The red tail shark... some can get feisty.

Back
Top Bottom