Adult peacock size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMRC Exotics

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just wanted ask some owners what their fully grown peacock cichlids top out at? And at what age?

I have a 2 year old peacock who is around 4 1/2 inches. I've found varying info from 4 to 6 inches. I'm just trying to gauge the true size of these fish. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Depends on species like any thing else. Seems like I recall seeing that Jacobfreibergi can reach 8-9" or so?

Jesse

Unless you're referring to peacock cichlid as Cichla occelaris, and if that's the case they get like 30" or bigger in some cases haha

Jesse

No, I have what was sold to me as jacobfreibergi but is a hansbaenchi.

If 8-9" that's a total shocker, its this guy.

Attachments

• 1433636092152.jpg
    1433636092152.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 86
Long story on ID but the breeder kept a 75 gal juvie tank of his offspring from a few strains. He told me it was a Jake when I bought it but he has regals, Jakes, lemons, and scarlet albino offspring all housed together.

Peacocks avg 6-7" afult max size. Like anything though, their will be a few biggins and smallins.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its a red shoulder blue hansbaenchi. Sho is purty

If he houses all together. Its highly unlikely anything in there is still pure strained.

If he houses all together. Its highly unlikely anything in there is still pure strained.

The actual breeding colonies are separated at his home, I've been to see them once. He then puts all the juvies in a tank in his storefront at around 1.5 inches together.

Ah. I misread. I thought you meant juvies

Back
Top Bottom