africans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k.mascher86

Aquarium Advice Freak
I picked up a 10 gal for my son and it had these fish in it

ForumRunner_20120531_034756.jpg

ForumRunner_20120531_034819.jpg

ForumRunner_20120531_034841.jpgthere all about an inch long. My lfs said that the first one is a peacock and the last two are Africans.......any intake.

Second-can I keep these guys in the 10 gal and they be ok? Size and aggression wise? They have a little cave with a couple fake plants and a pirate ship they hide in........any intake would be appreciated

peacocks ARE africans,and all of them need a bigger tank. you should rehome them

"all of them need a bigger tank,you should rehome them" <<<<<

Don't want them and my kid really likes them
thats gonna be a problem. the minimum reccomended for trying africans is a 55(that arent shellies/dwarf),and its not a good idea to mix lakes

They get along fine........they person I got it from has had them almost 2 months

They get along fine........they person I got it from has had them almost 2 months
2 months isnt anywhere long enough to judge there behaviuor. ive had my rainbow shark for almost a year and a half,and only now is he starting to get territorial

So your telling me......as of right now......I'm overstocked and I need to rehome them?

I can concur to what Alex is saying. None of those fish belong in a 10g. The yellow lab might be ok in a 29g for a little while on his own. However, it's not recommended and they need lots of room to swim. You can either look on Craigslist for a bigger tank or list the fish for sale on there. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting rid of the peacocks.

Yea u def need to rehome them ten gallon is just mean idk why any one would put them in a tank that small

So your telling me......as of right now......I'm overstocked and I need to rehome them?
you currently arent overstcoked,but they dont belong in a 10. but relatively soon, they will grow and overstock you,and you will most likely end up with 1 horribly stunted fish,and 2 carcasses

Back
Top Bottom