Albino Cichlid ID Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichliditisExtremitis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello Everyone,

I have an online friend who has asked me to help him to identify one of his recent purchases, or more appropriately said, a "mystery fish" which was recently bought by his wife, along with three other fish. I suggested to him that it looks like an albino Labidochromis Caeruleus, if such a fish exists.

If you'd care to have a look at some images of the fish, and make a stab at its proper identification, please go to the link below:

What is this mystery fish?

Thanks folks!

Shouldn't "The fish guy" be able to answer? ;)

I wish I knew Africans...

Shouldn't "The fish guy" be able to answer? ;)

I wish I knew Africans...

Ha, ha! Actually, TheFishGuy did offer a somewhat lengthy response to the ID question. However, being the "sage" that he is, he recognizes his own limitations and the scope of his knowledge; and thus, in his grand wisdom, he has sought out opinions on other boards as well. :rolleyes:

You wish you knew Africans? I wish I knew the identity of that guy's fish! :D

Looks like an Albino Pseudotropheus socolofi, like someone suggested in that thread. I had a group of those once and that's what they looked like.

Hello Kristin. Thanks for your input. It seems that everyone who has replied to this question so far has given the same answer: albino Pseudotropheus Socolofi. It looks like my friend has the answer that he was looking for. :)

Back
Top Bottom