Angel Fish - favourite fish grief

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sustainableaqua

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello all, i have an angel fish that was around two years old. he was getting nice and chunky and would chase me all around and get as close to the tank as possible. he was completely fine when i left home to go visit my brothers leaving him in the care of my father with a detailed checklist less than a week ago, but yesterday i was told of an ich infection and today he passed. it's hard to accept that the ich took him so soon and i thought he'd be fine. he was my favourite fish and i really am so sad i wasn't there for him when he passed, and i was hoping we'd have many years more together. i really loved him and it's shocking that he isn't here, and when i go home my tank will be ever so bare without his presence. i don't think i could get another angel because he was the prettiest and loveliest and i don't think i'd be able to appreciate another one the same way. i never named him over his life but i called him angel, and i wish i had named him. he deserved a great name. i'll love you forever angel and i'm so sorry you didn't get your full life that i wanted so bad for you. i feel stupid for being so heartbroken but you were such a good fish and had so much personality.

I'm so sorry about your Angel! I understand how you feel, fish are sweet creatures and are extremely intelligent.

He lived a good life :( Glofish are part of my hobby and one of them died the 4th day after taking them (RIP Ruby) and it's okay to grieve them... They're pets after all. This makes me very anxious because I'm leaving for a trip for sixty days and left nine of my Glofish under my dad's care.

I really feel sorry for your fish, I'm sure they're in fish heaven now.

Jake37 if it was epistylis, a salt bath for 10 minutes every day might have been enough to cure it. So sorry no one knew how to treat Angel before its death :( Hope you get another fish and get in the hobby again with this knowledge!

Back
Top Bottom