angel tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What are some good, non-schooling, colorful, companions for a 4" black veil angelfish I adopted? This angel will so far be sharing a 29 gallon tank with 2, 2" angelicus loaches, 1, 1.5" SAE, and 2 otos (small). I was gonna keep it with all my other loaches until I was given a 30 gallon tank that has more bottom space. The deeper 29 is better for the angel.

Platies are colorful. They sometimes congregate, but they usually don't school. When they breed, your angel will have live food and something to do.

Attachments

• angelplaty1.jpg
    angelplaty1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 90
Any larger tetras could work, I would stay away from neons and cardinals though, they would become play toys for the angel.

mollies and cories

thats what i got and my angel doesnt bother them and they know not to mess with the angel

Right now I'm going with this:

1, 4" angelfish
1, 1.5" SAE
2, 0.5" otos
2, 2" angelicus loaches

Thats 10" of fish right now.

I'm pondering these.
3, 2" cories of some type
1, 4" angelfish (another one)
1, 4" pearl gourami
3, 2" emporer tetras or maybe
2-3, 2" bleeding heart tetras

This is for a 29 gallon with good filtration.

I have 2 blue and 2 gold gouramis in with 2 angels. They sometimes try to bluff each other but no contact. Angels can be grumpy :lol:

I have 2 blue and 2 gold gouramis in with 2 angels. They sometimes try to bluff each other but no contact. Angels can be grumpy :lol:

what size tank?

What size tank do you have those gouramis and angels in?

My boyfriend has a 29gal that has one angel, two kissing gouramis and one blue gourami..

I honestly could not imagine another angel fitting in there... he has had his for *thinks* almost a year and a half.. maybe two years and it is HUGE.
I personally would go with the gourami (so you have another large fish) and some smaller fish like the tetras and cories you mentioned

You can tanke them all out of the tank and put them in a buckect for a while add the new fish and then add the orginals back. If you can get seperat buckets it is better. Messes with the pecking order so the newbie fish doesn't get targeted be all the fish. I also distract the fish with bloodworms, angels are greedy eaters.

no more angels

I'm probably not going to put another angel in that tank. I may put another in my other 29 gallon.

Bolivian ram

I wonder how a Bolivian ram would do with gouramis and angelfish?

Back
Top Bottom