Anyone help ID what male cichlids this tank came with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john.hunter225

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there,

Just got a 75g tank a while ago and been trying to get everything right so I can start a breeding group of cichlids. The tank came with a bunch of different fish and I'm still in the process of rehoming the ones I don't want.
Now I'm trying to figure out what males I have left in the tank to determine which I like best. I've gone through a few different lists trying to compare what cichlids this tank I bought came with. Any and all help would greatly be appreciated

1st male - I think it might be a Mason's Peacock but I don't know since he has some whites going down his face. The top part of his dorsal fin is white, which goes down into his face a little. He has some light orange on his pelvic, anal, and caudal fin.

2nd male - No idea, pretty much all around light orange with some darker orange stripes down its body.

3rd male - No idea, Orange with blue and white on dorsal fin

Is the third yellow or orange hard to tell? If its yellow could be a lemon jake or sunshine. Second looks like a young dragons blood peacock. 1st not sure. I'm a mbuna guy

Is the third yellow or orange hard to tell? If its yellow could be a lemon jake or sunshine. Second looks like a young dragons blood peacock. 1st not sure. I'm a mbuna guy

Me too lol but I have one peacock and have buddies with peacocks if the third looks like this it's a sunshine,

Attachments

• image-3348018034.jpg
    image-3348018034.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 66
Number one may be a orthopharynx lithobates (sulfur head) can't really tell well from the pictures, if the top of the head down to the snout is yellow, but the sides of the head are blue, then it might just be a lithobates

Number one may be a orthopharynx lithobates (sulfur head) can't really tell well from the pictures, if the top of the head down to the snout is yellow, but the sides of the head are blue, then it might just be a lithobates

Yeah, could you maybe get some clearer pics?

Oh nice, I've looked at the jacobfreibergi before and didn't see the same color types but now I saw a few. Sweet.

Now for the first big blue one its hard to get a good picture of him because he hides and swims a lot. Here two I got when he stopped for a second.

Back
Top Bottom