Apistos and Blue Rams together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

src

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I stock my 125, I plan on putting 2 or more pairs of GBRs in, but I've also seen some wonderful looking apistos today, and would like to add some of those as well. Unfortunately, I didn't get the name (the guy in the store at the time wasn't sure - he's not the expert).

I'm planning a community tank of mostly smaller fish - I expect angels will be the biggest in the tank. I'm considering 3-4 angels, several schools of tetra's/rasbora's/whatever, the usual cleanup ottos and cory's, as well as the GBR's. I've done some looking on the apisto sites, and it appears that most of them are classed as "peaceful". Would they be safe to add to the mix? Are there any that I should avoid? Or am I just asking for trouble by mixing cichlids like this?

If you think it will work, I'm going to try to get them to reserve some of the apistos I saw today, and I will also get the name. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

I believe you will be fine with apistos, especially in a tank that size. Haven't heard about angels, but they get along fine with GBR's.

I keep Apisot cockato trplie reds ,apisto njissi ,Apisto panduro in a 75g tank with German blue rams and angels. They never even look at one another in the tank. Yu could even throw in some Kribs in a tank that size and and have fry all the time. From not just the Kribs but the Apisto's to. In your area there's some pretty nice shops that handles Apistos and some of the spices I want.

Weasel F. said:
In your area there's some pretty nice shops that handles Apistos and some of the spices I want.

Who are the shops in my area? So far, most of the LFS just have the run of the mill "various cichlids", and yesterday was the first time I saw any apistos. Thanks!

EDIT:

So now it looks like they don't know what they have. I just called the store, and the guy called them "Peacock Congita" (not sure of the spelling), and was pretty sure they were killifish.

My memory of the fish is fading fast, but it didn't look like a killifish to me. The closest killi I can find a picture of is the Magnificus, and the fish I recall had more of a spade shape to the tail. By my recollection, it was closer in appearance to the Taenicara candidi, with the tail tapering to a point.

I guess I'll have to go back with a camera. Has anyone heard of a "Peacock Congita" (or whatever)? I can't find it on Google. Thanks!

Mystery solved - I think that they are Peacock Gobys. The guy who stocked the tanks has incredibly sloppy handwriting, and the grease pencil smear on the tank confused everyone - the mystery word seems to have been Gudgeon. Not apistos, but interesting looking fish.

Here's a picture of what was in the tank:
UnknownFish2.jpg

Here's a good picture from another site:
Peacock Goby information

Ok those are just as easy as Apisto's as a matter of fact up to 6m ago I kept a breeding pr til My 6y son thought they'd eat lays and the salt from the chips killed them. I have wantted to replace them for every. If you ship buy and ship I pay.

Weasel F. said:
Ok those are just as easy as Apisto's as a matter of fact up to 6m ago I kept a breeding pr til My 6y son thought they'd eat lays and the salt from the chips killed them. I have wantted to replace them for every. If you ship buy and ship I pay.

I've never shipped fish before, so I think you would probably have better luck trying to get one of your local stores to order them than having me do it.

Are they community fish at all, or should I just plan to put a single pair in? I haven't seen any stocking advice on these anywere. Thanks.

No there not schooling fish. There better keep in a single dwelling pair. They get really aggrsaive to males of here own kind. They can be kept with in coummitey tank.

I've tryed finding those here but can find them. It's esy to ship.

Back
Top Bottom