Are these two doing what I think they are????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Filmed this this morning. The albino looks like a male and the red zebra has no egg spots and a swollen belly. Can anyone explain what is happening? Is the female stimulated to let the eggs go so that she can pick them up in her mouth and then move on to the next stage?

M4H03574 - YouTube

Sorry about the algae spots on the glass.

Yup, sure is. He's wooing her and she's considering it lol.

Good luck!

Oh, and I tried to tell from the video (I'm viewing it on my phone) but are you sure that's an albino and not a light shaded metriaclima greshakei (aka, ice blue)? He looks like a lighter version of my Skittles. You can see him in my album if you wanna take a looksie :-D

I thought it was a lite greshakei at first, but it does have red eyes. I think it is an albino greshakei. Kind of wierd though because I have two of them that look exactly the same. I didnt think the true albino were that common.

Okies :-D

Like I said, I was watching using my phone so it was hard ta see his eye color.

Good luck on the spawn! You might have babies in a few weeks!!!!

So, the morning after the video I found the red zebra dead :( . Very swollen and the area around the anal fin was bulging out. Wondering if she had a blockage and couldnt get the eggs out and it killed her. Not sure what happened.

Everyone else in the tank is great. Power washed all the rocks yesterday and did a 50% pwc. Everyone is happy. Think maybe it was something with the eggs. She was very bloated around the anal fin where the eggs would come out. She was not damaged like she was picked on or anything.

Hey, can any one please help? I have two keyhole's in a community tank that r not happy? Colour varies from good to off colour? They seem down and am not sure what to do to help! The tank is in good state and good rocks, hiding holes, plants, etc - what to do? Any advice?

gauriemma said:
Sorry about the late passing fishy.

Lady Alia can you tell me what kind of fish the one in your avatar is. Hope im not being rude.

I sent you a pm ;-)

very sorry about the zebra, you must have been so excited! they reached a beautiful size and u must have been very proud of them xxx

they are INCREDIBLE! my 6yo bro watched it with me.... i thoght he'd pass out with excitement! what is the massive black fish in th140? well done!!!!!!!!x

Back
Top Bottom