best way to introduce fish into tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidheaven

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm looking for diffrent opinions into introduceing cichlids into a already setup tank I know lots of ways already I'm just wanna see if there's any new ways to do so lol thnks

If dealing with aggressive fish that have claimed the tank already I've found it best to just do a full rescape and add the new fish afterwards with the lights off. Pretty standard way of doing it. Also if I have one overly dominant fish that does not allow newcomers ill remove him to a holding tank for a day or two and then re introduce him so that he's the newcomer.

+1 for what mrc said

Another thing add in groups, this way 1 fish isnt picked on.

Yea I had a very bossy and aggressive male kenyi every new fish I got was punked eaven when I remove him or change the scape he is the way he is lol idk wht to do so I trade him for a ob peacock

42 that's what I'm doing on the first of next month I already orderd 10 peacocks

I always fed my fish right before I let the new guys in. My cichlids never pay attention to them and then I turn the lights off. This method always worked with me.

Yea I got a really aggressive auratus lol male and a female so it makes him eaven meaner towrds my fire mouth and ob peacock so idk but I might have to get rid of the male since he's the oldest in the tank and most aggressive I really don't want to so need to know what kind of breed of cichlids I'm going to stick too cuz the mix thing is not happening lol

Back
Top Bottom