Blue Ram Morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
I posted over here Hello and questions! - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community about having lost one of a pair of rams. The other is not stellar, but I'm curious if I had a male / female pair or two females.

The one with stripes is the one who died.

We are going to be buying a new blue ram (or two), and I want to be sure that we're not creating a hostile environment.

Attachments

• 1475105176862.jpg
    1475105176862.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 90
Tough call but looks like 2 males IMO?
To your other post;
Rams require established tanks....
Your trates are up for rams..They like 10...
The % of water changed is % the trates will be reduced so a 50% change on 30ppm will still leave you with 15....
Go larger or do 2 @50% within a day or so of each other...
Turn you tank temp up!
80+ for rams ,sorry for the others but choices must be made...
Real frozen blood worms will help him...
A girl will have a red belly and probably be smaller then the others...
Rams DO NOT make good community members.They are either king or killed in the wrong company...The gourami may be bullying ...The guppies like hard water and cooler temps... Snails help harbor internal parasites and often are necessary part for their existence in your tank and fish...

Eesh! I'll have to sort things out here.

Both of the rams had blue scales over their dark spots, which is why I thought they were both female.

The gourami does occasionally slap Trieste with his ventral fins, but then she turns and gives him a death glare and he swims away. Neither hides from the other.

More research!

So those bloodworm gumdrops are actual frozen bloodworms. San Francisco Bay Brand Sally's ... They don't float, though. They sink like stones

I turned the heat up, and it's now set for 81°F. Dropped a gumdrop in and Trieste slurped it up like spaghetti.

I've read elsewhere of people keeping dwarf gourami and ram cichlids together. If I had to choose, I'd want to keep the ram, but obviously I can't put the male and female guppies together.

My husband suggested a kohaku swordtail. Nope!

Point is, though, she's loving the blood worms.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1475112381996.jpg
    1475112381996.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom