Bolivian Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlrust1816

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just introduced a female with my male bolivan ram that is a little lonely after I removed a male.

What type of behaviors should I be looking out for, good and bad?

The male hasnt been overly receptive, he has been chasing her around the tank from time to time, which is different from how he showed aggression to the male which. With the other male it was more territorial protection, they rarely chased each other around the tank.

if they are anything like my gb's the chasing is normal. When my rams aren't "loving" they are fighting. They don't do any real damage to each other (although one day I did see my female with a scale poking up on her head. I think the male just got carried away) If my female is just wandering around, doing her own thing, the male is there trying to get her attention. It cracks me up. He will swim right in front of her, flair out all of his fins, and do this shimmy dancey thing. Its so cute.
Give your rams time to get used to each other. It may take a while.

My Bolivians are still juvies, so they are spending most of their time playing with each other (chasing, lip locking) and trying to figure out just who those "other" rams are (my GBR's).

I agree with the reindeer...ummm Meredith, give it a little time. As I mentioned in your other thread, the male may have some issues that he is dealing with for awhile.

My Bolivians have also never shown much interest in each other, at least not in a positive way. :roll: As long as they are not causing any real damage they should be fine. It may help for you to rearrange your decor, or to add some more hiding places like caves, plants (real or fake), and driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom