Can i put convict female in 20 gal tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a german blue ram pair,4 zebra danios,2 kuhli loachs and a knight goby. Can i house a female convict?

I'd think the female convict wouldn't get along with the ram pair. My experience isn't much, I owned a female convict for about 6 months and had to re-home her because she got too aggressive for my firemouth. She liked to dig up plants too.

There is always the chance that you may get a docile convict as with any cichlid, so if you want to try it make sure you have a back-up plan.

My female convict is pretty easy going most of the time, but i wouldn't put her with rams. Your rams won't be around for long, especially in a tank of that size. Danios should be ok, not sure about knight gobi but i'd be a bit worried i think!
20 gallons would be ok as long as you had just the danios and maybe a few tough catfish / a dwarf pleco. You could maybe even go with 2 female convicts, but not a pair as they would kill pretty much anything else.

Back
Top Bottom