Can you help name my Cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Creamhorses

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Guyz
While on the subject of id's, could someone tag a name on this pair I have? TIA!!

CH

Attachments

• seth_06_fish_june_07_019_209.jpg
    seth_06_fish_june_07_019_209.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 34
Edit

I have two pair of these Cichlids. They have each paired off m/fm to their own end of a 90g community tank. They are digging up the substrate and exposing my ugf, which isn't good for filtering purposes, nor for any eggs that may fall there. I'm seriously thinking about selling these fish. I have three tanks running, but have no place to re-introduce these beautiful year old fish. So the first step is to able to id them.

Thank you for any help

CH

Convicts huh? The young gall @ the lfs said they were the least agressive of the Cichlids, and would fit in with other community fish if they had room.

Ernie is more aggresive than Bertha, but aren't these considered really agressive? I mean why else would they name them Convicts? :^)

I'm going to google JDogg's latin looking logo and see what I find.

Thanks for the replies........

CH

rainy & cool in Southern Vermont

Ernie is more aggresive than Bertha, but aren't these considered really agressive? I mean why else would they name them Convicts? :^)
Convicts are especially aggressive when breeding. :) I believe the name Convicts comes from the striping pattern they have.....could be wrong though. ;)

Creamhorses said:
The young gall @ the lfs said they were the least agressive of the Cichlids, and would fit in with other community fish if they had room.
least agressive of the Cichlids...would fit in with other community fish
:lol:

convicts get nasty in pairs let even alone. If convicts grew larger, they'd probably be the nastiest of all non-african cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom