Check this out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

homienbabe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Clown knife hanging out with my cichlids lol he has his own cave but chooses to be here.

Attachments

• image-2620724905.jpg
    image-2620724905.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 120
  • image-2551338212.jpg
    image-2551338212.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 112
That's cool:D Did he ever try to eat any of you're fish? I have seen a clown knife trying to eat almost every fish in the tank, even if they were huge. I do own one myself, and i must say they are amazing fish:D
Btw, how big is he and how big is the tank?:)

That's cool:D Did he ever try to eat any of you're fish? I have seen a clown knife trying to eat almost every fish in the tank, even if they were huge. I do own one myself, and i must say they are amazing fish:D
Btw, how big is he and how big is the tank?:)

He is about 13" and the tank is 150gal he ate 4 of my cichlids that were new to the tank. I have a couple Acei that pick on him once in a while until he gets upset then he comes out in a rush.

He is about 13" and the tank is 150gal he ate 4 of my cichlids that were new to the tank. I have a couple Acei that pick on him once in a while until he gets upset then he comes out in a rush.
Cool, he's still young:) I guess he should reach 25 inches within a few years.

He has been a handful I first got him at 3" and knew nothing about them. He laid on the bottom and was dying. I put him into a 1/2gal tank and stood him up with two Bic pens. After about a week of semi force feeding and 50% water changes he was up and going.

He has been a handful I first got him at 3" and knew nothing about them. He laid on the bottom and was dying. I put him into a 1/2gal tank and stood him up with two Bic pens. After about a week of semi force feeding and 50% water changes he was up and going.
Hmm. I have a 3'' clown knife fish, hiding all the time(as always in all ckf). I don't see him eating a lot and i'm scared for him. I have a 1,5 gallon tank. Maybe he's even 2,5''. I just wanna know can i put him in that tank for a week or two to help him grow to around 4'' or even half an inch?

How long have you had him? They are very sensitive to water conditions and change in environment. More so than any other fish I have had. It is recommended to only change 20% when doing pwc every week when they are that small. They are very shy at first as well but loosen up after a couple of weeks. Currently mine is pretty engaging with me. I will sit in front of the tank and he comes up and watches me and will swim back and forth in front of me a few times. Also they are much more active furring lights out. After I got mine back in good shape I didn't get to see him very much. What are you using for his cave? What are you feeding it currently.

How long have you had him? They are very sensitive to water conditions and change in environment. More so than any other fish I have had. It is recommended to only change 20% when doing pwc every week when they are that small. They are very shy at first as well but loosen up after a couple of weeks. Currently mine is pretty engaging with me. I will sit in front of the tank and he comes up and watches me and will swim back and forth in front of me a few times. Also they are much more active furring lights out. After I got mine back in good shape I didn't get to see him very much. What are you using for his cave? What are you feeding it currently.
He's on a BloodWorms diet as he is a bit small, and pellets don't work too well at the moment. I only feed him bloodworms at the moment also because his mouth is too small. I use a terracotta pot as a some what cave that is directed towards the wall and that is close to the wall facing side so he can go in and no one can see him:)
What should I feed him?
Also, I got this one just last week, on sunday.

Started off with a mixture of frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, and Hikari pellets "small". When he was sick it was flake and brine shrimp. I know a lot of people are using PVC pipe or plastic pot for hides but, I went to Lowes and picked up some Flagstone that is used for walkways in the yard and made a stone cage from it. They are like $3 per piece and all you have to do is wash with a stiff brush then put in the oven to heat treat. Looks more natural.

Started off with a mixture of frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, and Hikari pellets "small". When he was sick it was flake and brine shrimp. I know a lot of people are using PVC pipe or plastic pot for hides but, I went to Lowes and picked up some Flagstone that is used for walkways in the yard and made a stone cage from it. They are like $3 per piece and all you have to do is wash with a stiff brush then put in the oven to heat treat. Looks more natural.
I was told for him to eat brine shrimp he would need teeth. If it's not true, I will go pick some up and maybe pellets. What do you think?

No problem I know it was hard to get information on them for me so anything I have learned I try to share.

Back
Top Bottom