Cichlid identification pls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hemi44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I have a very mixed tank of cichlids and I am trying to identify a few I am not sure of. I am trying to research diet req for each so any additional info would be great ie herbavore, omnivore. Thanks ps I do believe 1st and last pics are peacocks of some kind just not sure which kind

image-235107120.jpg

image-124695003.jpg

image-3397926766.jpg

image-290177296.jpg

image-4137151056.jpg

The top one is an OB peacock, an Aulonocara hybrid.

Second is a male Melanochromis auratus transitioning from juvie to male colors.

Third looks like a deformed Nimbochromis venustus. The head is way off normal with the hump and shortened snout. I would suspect it was either a birth defect or serious damage caused when the fish was young and still developing.

Fourth appears to be a Pseudotropheus cyaneorhabdos, sold as an electric blue johanni or maingano cichlid.

Last is a jewel cichlid, Hemichromis sp. Never been a big fan of 'em so never have learned to differentiate between the different varieties.

WYite

That's great guys thanks for info! I was really wondering about that third one as you said very diff snout but must me deformity as his jaw seems to be slightly crooked as well

The top one is an OB peacock, an Aulonocara hybrid.

Second is a male Melanochromis auratus transitioning from juvie to male colors.

Third looks like a deformed Nimbochromis venustus. The head is way off normal with the hump and shortened snout. I would suspect it was either a birth defect or serious damage caused when the fish was young and still developing.

Fourth appears to be a Pseudotropheus cyaneorhabdos, sold as an electric blue johanni or maingano cichlid.

Last is a jewel cichlid, Hemichromis sp. Never been a big fan of 'em so never have learned to differentiate between the different varieties.

WYite

I believe it is a Hemichromis Guttatus. Your common red jewel.

Back
Top Bottom