cloudy water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brannon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Anyone with advice for cloudy aquariums please feel free to post advice. New tanks. Already setup tanks. Beneficial bacteria. Overpopulated tanks like a cichlid tank. Etc... Any tips or tricks youve learned would be appreciated.

I have 3 aquariums currently. Just im always having people contact me about their aquariums. Im looking for other peoples tank situations. And their fix for it. Ive got an overstocked 55 g with african cichlids. And a few 20g bowfronts with various fish. One is puffers with a stingray. One is the community fish tank my son feeds. And i use it for live guppies also. They reproduce like crazy. But any tank situation with cloudiness in it. I want to try to start telling people to just check this page out.

brannon said:
I have 3 aquariums currently. Just im always having people contact me about their aquariums. Im looking for other peoples tank situations. And their fix for it. Ive got an overstocked 55 g with african cichlids. And a few 20g bowfronts with various fish. One is puffers with a stingray. One is the community fish tank my son feeds. And i use it for live guppies also. They reproduce like crazy. But any tank situation with cloudiness in it. I want to try to start telling people to just check this page out.

Well I don't think we have an article for that lol
Cloudiness can be aot of different things and I would need to know more about the tank that's having the problem. Here is a page with cloudy water info http://www.firsttankguide.net/cloudywater.php

You do know a sting ray needs a lot bigger of a tank then 20 gallons right?

I've had problems with cloudy water a lot...every aquarium owner has lol...I have over the back filters...when I use to fill my tank I would fill it all the way to the top...no water line visible...I would have cloudy water often...I would feed my fish twice or one time a day...for the pass three months I haven't filled my tank to the top...I leave about a inch gap of space between the water line and the frame edge...ever since I've done that I haven't had any problems with cloudy water at all...the water stays crystal clear...I have three over the back filters...aqueon filters...nothing fancy...oh...and when I do my weekly water changes I use my conditioners and every one should and a water clearer called (ACUREL F)...the best stuff on the market since I was a little kid and in my opinion will always be the best...hope this helped

Back
Top Bottom