Electric blue ahlis getting sick.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

n3wt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a quick question for people who know a lot about electric blue ahlis.

I have bought a few electric blue ahlis over the years and they seem to do fine for about a few weeks or so. But for some reason EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM somehow gets the disease or bacteria, whatever one it is, Hole in the head. I quarentine them in my sick tank at the very first signs of it but every one of them has fallen to it, nothing seems to help them.

Here is my tank setup.
I have a 55g tank with 12 other species of peacocks, all female. I check the water every week and a half to two weeks and the water has always been perfectly fine, around 76-78 degrees. Ammonia, nitrates, Ph, all of the Paraments never been to dangerous levels. I change 20 % of the water about every two weeks or so. I feed them a variety of things to keep them happy and healthy but mostly pellates mixes with spirulina for good nutrients. Occasionally I will get them some little red rosies and maybe get some earth worms from my yard. I have an Eheim Ecco 2236, or whatever the biggest ecco filter is, and an Aquaclear 70 for my filters.

So is there any reason for one fish out of all of mine to get some sort of ailment when all of my other ones are and always have been perfectly healthy for the past few years?

And do electric blue ahli's have a history I don't know about for being very succeptable to this particular disease or bacteria?

Back
Top Bottom