Electric yellow cichlids tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They stay relatively small, I think Max is like 4 inches. If you just want one, I think he'd be plenty happy in a 20 gallon

They're on the milder side when it comes to mbunas, depending on what else you have in the tank will determine how big of a tank you'll need.

Electric Yellows are mbuna, and like all mbuna they need a minimum of a 4' tank. They are not suitable tank mates for any type of fish besides other cichlids and a few varieties of African catfish. They are not compatible with dwarf cichlids of any type, including shell dwellers. While they have a reputation for being milder than other cichlids, they are still African cichlids and therefore highly aggressive fish. There adult size is listed at 5 inches, but they can exceed that.

I have 3 in a 10gal right now. they are juvies. i plan on upgrading them to a 29g and getting 3 more.

Not sure where you are getting your information from, but Electric Yellows are not a Dwarf cichlid, and yes they will need a minimum of a 4' tank.

Not sure where you are getting your information from, but Electric Yellows are not a Dwarf cichlid, and yes they will need a minimum of a 4' tank.

+1 to Wy

I don't know if you've seen the electric labs full grown in person but they are not a small fish at all. I'm actually surprised that they are okay in a 4ft long tank personally.

Back
Top Bottom