Exactly how big do gold severums get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Been looking at them online, and reading different info about them. Some sites say 6 to 8 inch. Other sites say 10 or 12 inch.
Not sure which is the correct figure.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok thanks guys for the input.

I thought they grew bigger than that.
Can they go together with green texas cichlid?

Also, is there a colour difference between male and female? (gold severum)

Thanks again.

Female color fades as it nears the face as for males there color is all the way threw. I don't know much about Texas cichlids. I have mine with a green terror and they get alone just fine just make sure they got places to hide

Idk Texas cichlids temperament if it's anything like a green terror then you should be fine. Do you have the fish yet ?

I only have the green texas cichlid on its own with a starlight bristlenose. (it attacks the bristlenose, but i've added hiding places for it)
I will be upgrading tank to something larger soon. And I wanted to get ideas of some other cichlids to go with texas.

Green texas temperament is odd. Its only 2.5 inch at moment, but its not scared of me at all. Head rams my finger when I touch the glass. Follows it. Jumps out of water and eats food from my hand...
Very cute and adorable. Haven't had it with any other cichlid before. So i'm not sure how it will react.

Thanks again.

I have to red Severums they usually fine with other cichlids it's of there own kind they attack and anything small enough to fit in it's mouth they will eat.. I have them with a green terror, 2 convicts,a jewel, and a ice blue African cichlid and they all get along fine. I'm
Scared to tell you to get anything else because your Texas cichlid seems to be very happy a lot of cichlids are aggressive adding anything else may be a mood changer 4 him.. How big is your tank ?

My tank is very small. 27g
I will need to get a bigger tank sooner or later.
Only good thing I got going on at moment is a large oversized filter for tank size, aquaclear 70,
And that texas is still a juvi

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Right now your ok but I wouldn't add to much. Maybe one or 2 more Texas cichlids but that's really it

Back
Top Bottom