feeding help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isiah1820

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a pleco with my Africans and there pretty much not letting any food get to him. I feed them nls pellets and high quality flakes, and I have algae wafers for the pleco but they never let him get to the wafer b/c they attack it like some wild wolves. But today he wasn't having it and joined the frenzy so I put 2 in so they would leave him, this goes for my blue Cray also but he has better luck getting the flaks b/c they float around every were any advice?

I feed all my bottoms feeders a couple of hours after the lights are off, this way they are able to forage peacefully without the hyper agressive fish playing rugby with the wafers.

I feed my pleco zuccini, cucumbers, all kinds of vegetables. I have for years and he is 16+ inches and healthy. My other fish don't touch the veggies. I stab a piece of zuccini with a fork and sink it to the bottom and he eats it all. Took a while to get him to realize it was food but once he did he immediately eats any veggies I drop into the tank and no one bothers him.

I tried the night thing and thos sucker will still go after it unless I make it complete dark in there but ill try that again and the veggies b/c my cichlids dnt like cucumber I tried that on them several times with no luck.

it took about a week of dropping veggies in there everyday until the pleco realized it was food. If you keep at it I'm sure he will figure it out and then your cichlids should leave his food alone.

Dean jones said:
African cichlids love cucumber,well mine do ;-) peas as well ;-)

Yea I heard they do but I tried it at lease 5 times they pick at it but that's it

Back
Top Bottom