Female kenyi aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all is it normal for a female to take over as tank boss? She's only kenyi in there but chases everyone else relentlessly all of a sudden

That's typical kenyi behavior from what I experienced from both males and females. Usually happens when she is mostly the ''elder'' of the tank and if she is bigger.
I have a few questions:
What's you're stock?
How big is the tank?
When was the kenyi introduced and who was in the tank first.

It's from my experience that kenyi's introduced first to the aquarium will have a much more dominant attitude.

That's typical kenyi behavior from what I experienced from both males and females. Usually happens when she is mostly the ''elder'' of the tank and if she is bigger.
I have a few questions:
What's you're stock?
How big is the tank?
When was the kenyi introduced and who was in the tank first.

It's from my experience that kenyi's introduced first to the aquarium will have a much more dominant attitude.

Thanks. It's 72 gallon and she is the largest by a cm if that my demasoni is about her size but bothers nobody just stays in his cave. He was original batch member. The only bosses I'd had were 2 trewavasae that I returned who were bigger and absolutely insane. They were my newest fish too. Nobody really stepped up in the few days since till her now. She is about middle on the elder scale some before her and some after. I have about 23 or so small Africans between about 1.5 and 2.75 inch. She's not mauling just chasing all of the others. Plenty of spots to hide. Here's a pic

Attachments

• image-3466470700.jpg
    image-3466470700.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom