Fighting Severums Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swashbuckler99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my new red severum and small gold severum have been locking like this and pushing eachother for over an hour should i be concerned???

Attachments

• image-757138826.jpg
    image-757138826.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 105
Swashbuckler99 said:
my new red severum and small gold severum have been locking like this and pushing eachother for over an hour should i be concerned???

I wouldn't be too concerned from that alone. my fish regularly lip lock, but it never leads to anything serious. You should be able to tell of its escalating and you can intervene if necessary.

It could be aggression/territory disputes or they could be testing each other to see if the thee is a suitable mate. I can't tell the sex of them to see if that is a possibility.

Should have got the rotkeil severum.

I also think its a way they exert and/or test their dominance over the other. My Blood Red Parrot and my Severum do the same thing. I got them both when they were young and they have a love hate thing going. When fins start to get chewed then I would start being concerned.

i removed the more agressive gold today and still have my 4 green, 1 red and the smaller gold in there and the tank is much more peacefull.

Back
Top Bottom