Adopted a 55g - Maybe Oops?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello again! I’m still over here worrying about the severum. I managed to get a video of some of its worrying behavior. Any thoughts?

It could be me but I think the spot on the tail is getting better?
It might be a little. I do stare at it every day so improvement would be less noticeable to me!

Is that erratic shaking back and forth something to be concerned about?

He's shaking because they don't have arms or legs to reach the spots that irritate him or is able to flick off those things. As long as you don't see him scratching up against things, ( a.k.a. Flashing), he's just got to go through whatever he's got in order to get to the other side. You do have the option of removing the fish to do baths or to apply things like iodine or Mecurochrome to the tail issue but that is going to stress the fish probably more than just having these things. As long as they are not getting worse, time is what will heal them. Nothing happens overnight.

He's shaking because they don't have arms or legs to reach the spots that irritate him or is able to flick off those things. As long as you don't see him scratching up against things, ( a.k.a. Flashing), he's just got to go through whatever he's got in order to get to the other side. You do have the option of removing the fish to do baths or to apply things like iodine or Mecurochrome to the tail issue but that is going to stress the fish probably more than just having these things. As long as they are not getting worse, time is what will heal them. Nothing happens overnight.
Ah, ok. Well darn. Poor thing. Hopefully it will eat better and heal up or get over whatever is ailing it, soon.

Back
Top Bottom