fish mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
Along with my variety of African cichlids I also have 5 black skirt tetras,good idea or bad idea? (currently no issues)

These fish are very evasive...with my rock&plants they've been difficult to net..any tips?

trap them in a cave, block the exit with a net then scoop another net underneath the cave and lift the whole thing out. iv done it LOADS of times, aswell as herding them into a sideways breeder net and uprighting it when one or more is inside.
updates on the fish? x

What's the possibility of keeping breeding pairs of johanni's&yellow labs together in same tank?

tiger terror said:
What's the possibility of keeping breeding pairs of johanni's&yellow labs together in same tank?

Africans don't form breeding pairs like allot of fish do, the form more of a breeding colony/harem. You should be able to have that mix but make sure the tank is large enough (55+) has lots of caves and the fish are stocked to the proper ratios to help keep aggression down.

Rechecked my parameters today&the ammo level is back to 0... Do I really need to add more crushed correl?,I added added just under a cup of correl already&that was done just before my testing last nite..

I would add enough crushed coral to get your PH where you want it with out adding extra chemicals. Keep in mind crushed coral is a very slow release.

Back
Top Bottom