GBR male or female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RJplaydDrums

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I found some of the most amazing GBRs I've ever seen today at a tiny fish shop in Seattle. But I think I accidentally got two males instead of two females. The one in the picture is the one I'm not sure about. He seems to be darker in color but I just can't tell for sure. Thanks for the help :)

Attachments

• image-1451362548.jpg
    image-1451362548.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 95
The one in the front is the one in question. It looks darker in this picture. it looks much more pale than the one I know for sure is a male

Attachments

• image-3341327207.jpg
    image-3341327207.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 88
females tend to be slightly smaller and paler, however if its a Juve, chances are its colours wont be on show as much and it could be male, mine were very distinctly smaller and paler, i'd say thats 2 males..

on second look. i'd say definitely male, the front of the top fin is slightly taller than the rest, characteristic of a male, also a female would have a pinkish belly, when carrying eggs, much more vivid, but even without eggs, would be atleast slightly pink...

Thanks! After having these guys for about a week I for sure have two males. They get along well so far haha :)

Back
Top Bottom