German Blue and Bolivian Ram QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrissi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Haven’t posted on here in quite a while. The time has come to redo our tanks as our fish are reaching the end of their lifespans and schools have dwindled. Waited it out as we moved a few years ago and in doing so our substrate and plants had to be put back haphazardly to get the fish back in their homes as soon as possible. We’ve decided to go down to only 2 display tanks (from 4) and I have 4 QT set ups going (2 10gal 2 20 high). Stocking our 55 standard and 26 bow front. Both tanks planted. 26 will be higher temp and intend to introduce GBR. 55 will be standard tropical temp and plan to introduce Bolivian. First time with rams. I plan to QT then 60 days and deworm in QT as I’ve battled (but at least won) against the seeded camellanus before brought in by previous Angelfish. And I do not feel like dealing with that mess in a planted tank again. So that was a long into from my question. Can I QT a juvi pair of GBR and a juvi pair of Bolivian in the same QT. Can I use a 10 for the first 30 days or no good even juvi to have them together that small a tank even short term?? I can’t seem to find any good advice on this. If I can’t keep them together for QT I will just use my two tens bc is rather that then lock up a 20 for 60 days. Thanks.

I can update on this that my question is now null. Was a sale at my LFS so just bought another tank to QT the Bolivians as I already have enough equipment and established media to do another set up. Although I don’t even want to think about my electric bill. 5 QT plus my two displays, and since we got another QT unit and now room to store it alas I guess when I’m done I will just have to set up a 3rd display rack. Me and my MTS.

Back
Top Bottom