Help! I have brown water but need to do water change!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheryldooley

Aquarium Advice Freak
I doubt it is safe for my fish if I change the water but I have brown water right now. An ongoing issue in winnipeg these days. What else can I do to for changing water ?! Is there another way!?

If you have a couple extra bucks.. Pick up one if the screw on tap filters?

I could try that. It doesn't seem to get all the manganese out though so I'm worried t may harm fish

Ya, you shouldn't do more than a 20-20% wc as not to Mess with the ph too much but I'm guessing it's better than no wc, yes always use prime..

Get reverse osmosis water, your lfs probably sells it for cheap. You just need to add minerals that are lacking for the type of fish you have.

Get reverse osmosis water, your lfs probably sells it for cheap. You just need to add minerals that are lacking for the type of fish you have.

Yes use this until the problem is resolved. Add nutrients from Seachem stability or may be equilibrium and add baking soda to the water as reverse osmosis water has little to no buffering capacity and you don't want ph to crash.

Back
Top Bottom