I did a water change and ammonia is still high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pettygil

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I did a water change and ammonia is still high. I have a 6.5 gallon tank. I did a 50 percent water change and my ammonia is still very high. What do I do now? Do I do another water change?

reduce feeding to 2-3 times a week.

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day until the levels are 0ppm.

make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

I did a water change and ammonia is still high. I have a 6.5 gallon tank. I did a 50 percent water change and my ammonia is still very high. What do I do now? Do I do another water change?

Confirm that your source water does not have a high level of ammonia ( chloramine) before doing water changes. Water systems do occasionally raise their cleansing methods to help clean out their pipes which may be why you still have a high level. Do not change water when systems are doing this cleaning. Always check your source water before doing water changes. (y)

Back
Top Bottom