Holding Red Zebra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stonefly

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is the second time she has had eggs in her mouth. The first time I just let her do her thing and I am pretty sure she ended up eating them. I would like to see if they make it to be fry this time. I don't have a spare tank that i can put her in at this time, but I do have a little breeder net. Will that breeder net work, and when should i put her in it?

Sent from my LG-D959 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here are a couple pictures...

Attachments

• 1393296272805.jpg
    1393296272805.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 1393296293867.jpg
    1393296293867.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 109
The also make egg tumblers. U may try one if your worried she will eat them. I havent tried one but plan on getting one :) . They are pretty neat you take the eggs from her mouth and put the in there. Ill try and find a pic of one

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here they are

Attachments

• 1393297120840.jpg
    1393297120840.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 1393297136895.jpg
    1393297136895.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 98
Thanks. Not to if worried. If she eats them, she eats them. If the eggs make it to fry, they will be cross bred. I am just curious what they would look like. I am pretty sure she is the only female that i have, with the exception of a red fin borleyi that i have whos sex is still in question. I am starting to think it is a female as well ?

Oh. :( well hopefully not . Good luck :)

Well after doing some research, I am going to make an egg tumbler tonight. Then I will try and catch her and strip her. Keep you posted. Will the fry be healthy being cross bred like they will be?

They are easy to make I make my own got about 5 of them....N matters I had a aura us mix with a blue zebra n the fry were healthy

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok thats great keep me updated . How did yall makes yours? I have three females with eggs so i was jw.

Haven't made one yet. Just got my plan off of you tube. I will post a pic of it when it is done

Ok :)

Here's mine I used florescent light tubing pvc pipes cuplings and mesh window screens as holders but for smaller eggs use panty hose...quick trick...my syno lucippini eggs were so small they would fall through mesh

Attachments

• 1393371414469.jpg
    1393371414469.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 80
Very similar to what I am going to make. On my way home from the store with supplies. Will post pics when I complete it.

su5equry.jpg

Here's mine I used florescent light tubing pvc pipes cuplings and mesh window screens as holders but for smaller eggs use panty hose...quick trick...my syno lucippini eggs were so small they would fall through mesh

I have the eggs"tumbling" don't think they are moving enough, at least not all the eggs. I have the air tube hooked direct to the pump. Is there a way to adjust the current after the pump?

Do you any of you think getting a small air stone will create more current in there?

Attachments

• 1393383856605.jpg
    1393383856605.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 78
So i made some modifications and its works great now, should i raise the water temp a little for the eggs ?

Im not sure. Id probley just leave the same temp :) looks great glad it worked !

Back
Top Bottom