How to clean the latrine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howmanyds

Aquarium Advice Freak
This poopy mess collects in certain areas of the tank. Is there an easy way to clean this? When I vacuum, only a small amount actually comes up the tube and the rest gets covered up by sand. Is that bad?

Attachments

• image-2428750833.jpg
    image-2428750833.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 51
I have a sunsun wave maker, 3000 L/h. But no matter what direction I point it, there's always at least one poo collection area.
Should I get another? How much water movement can Africans handle?

Two are usually better than one. You could always get a less powerful one and point it in another direction. It's a bit of trial and error before you eliminate all the dead spots.

Swirl the vac over the area The movement of the vac will cause water movement and lift the yuck up off the sand. Works for me.

Swirl the vac over the area The movement of the vac will cause water movement and lift the yuck up off the sand. Works for me.

+1!
You can also use your hand in a swooping type movement a little bit over top of the sand and that'll help. That's what I normally do in my planted tanks to help get around where my plants are

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. That worked pretty well today. But I think I'll invest in another wave maker too.

Back
Top Bottom