Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish56

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My angelfish got ick and now they have a 2nd infection what do I do

For ich, slowly increase the temperature by about 2 degrees a day to 86 degrees. This is still within the comfort level for angels but should keep the ich from reproducing. Leave it at this temp. for about 2 weeks just to be sure. There will be less oxygen in the water so make sure there's plenty of surface agitation.

For the infection, I'm guessing pristine water quality, a good diet and time would be the best method. There's medications out there but I would wait to see if it's getting better or worse before buying anything.

Good luck.

Yes, a little bit. If the fish start staying near the surface it means there isn't enough air in the water. I doubt this will happen though.

i just cured my disc of ich. i turned up my temp to 86, used a ich medication (kardon rid-ich) and did 15 gallon water changes every other day in my 60 gallon. took about 11 days but i did this for a lil over two weeks. for any infection i recommend seachem paragaurd in a quarantine tank.

i agree, if you turn up the temp you should add an air diffuser to add oxygen to the water.

good luck! it drove me crazy and its alot of work.

Back
Top Bottom