Is this a good start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl80

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I made caves and hide outs from terra cotta pots as they are a cheap start... We plan on making some rock ledges etc up the back. So far the 3 in there love it... The rest will be here tomorrow. I have 3 fluval 205 on here. It's a 53 (?) gal I'm guessing. They said 55 when I got it... But with the angles. Right now I have bio balls floating on top for security, as I've heard they like covering, until I get more water lettuce to grow in my other tanks. Thought about duckweed but was told I'd regret that. One of my other tanks I have bio balls in corners and the small fry love it as a hideout. Taking any suggestions. Tropicals I've not ever had issues, cichlids are new. So I can carry out suggestions when the 150 gets set up this spring. Can't wait for that!!!

Last edited:
You're right there is usually a bit less than stated in tanks if you actually work out the volume, and then when you add rock/substrate you obviously decrease that even further.

The tank looks great! If it is legal where you live I recommend using Amazon Frogbit as a floating plant to provide cover.

Very nice work! You need to kiss whoever it was that warned you off of duckweed. It is evil I tell ya.

Back
Top Bottom