Jewel cichlid fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cole_russell

Aquarium Advice Freak
So this is my first batch of fry ever and I don't quite know how to go about feeding them, the parents are very good it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When their egg yolks are gone feed them newly hatched brine shrimp, if move the fry to a separate tank.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I have not kept jewels but I assume they are like other cichlids.

When they are free swimming I feed my Firemouths and my Honduran Red Points Hikari First Bites twice a day for two weeks costs about 1.99 at most LFS. Then switch to crushed flake food.

If you are keeping main tank with the parents they will eat the leftovers that the parent spit out.

Cool thanks guys hopefully I am able to get a couple to survive in my community.

Cool thanks guys hopefully I am able to get a couple to survive in my community.

Provide a bunch of hiding spots. I would add a bunch of round rocks together and a bunch of plants where bigger fish cant get to and you should have some survivors.

They're in a corner with some good cover, plus the parents have been taking shifts on baby watch.

Provide a bunch of hiding spots. I would add a bunch of round rocks together and a bunch of plants where bigger fish cant get to and you should have some survivors.

Back
Top Bottom