just a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish are friends

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I see some lovely tropheus moorii in the lfs today (hefty price tag to go along with them)
Was wondering whether a couple of these would be ok in my predominantly peacock tank. I have a selection of approx 15 peacocks in my 45 gallon tank. I also have a yellow lab and a venustus.
Due to the hefty price i would only get a couple and was advised by the lfs that they would be ok in the tank.
Ive done a bit of reading online and there is no catagorical no as long as they get the right diet. I understand that they like algea foods.
I have read about keeping them in large groups but 1 i cant afford that and 2 i would only want a couple anyway.
Just after some feedback and opinions from you guys really.

Thanks in advance

How long is this 45 gallon 36" or 48" long? I would have to advise you not to do it. Your tank isnt big enough to really hold the current stock list.

Tropheus do best in groups of ten or more. I don't think that size tank already heavily stocked would be able to house them.

Back
Top Bottom