Kenyi fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fed the Hikari brine shrimp fry powder ( not sure the exact name, but I'll tell you when I get home) to my Kenyi fry when I bred them.

Hikari "first bites"

I'm jealous. I miss having a tank of Kenyi fry, like having a ton of Demasoni but cooler, and not a pain in the butt.

That is bizarre!! I feed my fry crushed flakes. Almost looks like powder. You can put some flakes in a plastic bag and crumble them up. Fry eat it up! Do you have another yellow male in the tank?

Kenyi Females are known to develop make characteristics when holding, usually a yellowish tint, and bright egg spots, I've never seen one go full yellow, but it's possible, or it's not really a Kenyi... In which case it'd be a hybrid because it sure looks like one.

I may be wrong but is it possible that the male is holding the eggs for/ instead of the female?

I may be wrong but is it possible that the male is holding the eggs for/ instead of the female?

Maybe, but they would have to trade then. Some cichlids lay the eggs then it's fertilized then the mom picks it up. Kenyi's, like many others. The mom picks up the eggs first, and then the dad sperms in her mouth to fertilize the eggs. So it's possible, but the mom would have to spit the eggs out, and the dad would scoop them up. Which seems unlikely.

Interesting thought. Cool to have a female that is so yellow! My female gets kind of brownish blue but never that yellow! Beautiful fish and great picture!

Back
Top Bottom