Keyhole cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichildlife

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ow big do keyhole cichlids get i looked on line and got a veration of maximum sizes can anyone tell me nd minimum tank size for a pair?

biggest size is 5''. If were talking just a pair then a 20-30G is fine.

Ok just wondering, nothing else in the tank but them my LFS told me, he's reliable and a good friend so i trust him. He said they'd work in a 10 gallon and he didn't i cant really remember becuz he was naming off a lot of cichlids so can you tell me if they'd work

No i wouldn't put a pair in a 10 gallon. IMO a 20 gallon is your best bet but i'd prefer a 30 gallon.

No i wouldn't put one in a 10 gallon let alone a pair. IMO a 20 gallon is your best bet but i'd prefer a 30 gallon.

Woops sorry about the double post.

For a 10 gallon? IMO the only cichlid i would put in a ten gallon would be shellies.

Lol i had shellies once they breed like CRAZY they the rabbits of cichlids...

You could always take the fry to an LFS or sell locally or online. Oh and i'm pretty sure convicts are the rabbits lol like they say they start breeding in the bag home.

Hahaha yea i guess convicts one of my nabores had a pair in a 10 gallon(bad) and she tried to shove the babies on us, i think she sold/gave them to petco, lol but as soon ash she did more babies.. Lol

Back
Top Bottom