Krib fry help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Checked out my tank today and found my kribs Have fry. Should I seperate the fry from the parents. If so breeder box okay for now and should I add substrate to it? Any info helps

By breeder box do u mean a net off the side of your tank?

I had that and put rocks on the bottom for them to hide and my cichlids ate through the net and killed all my fry I would get a small tank going

They make these little specimen containers that hang off the side and you hook up aerator to and it pushes the old water out and pulls tank water in.

They make these little specimen containers that hang off the side and you hook up aerator to and it pushes the old water out and pulls tank water in.

That's what I got, and I have rainbows, tetras along with rams. I also got hikari first bites for food

That's what I got, and I have rainbows, tetras along with rams. I also got hikari first bites for food

Good call it is supposed to be a good product my LFS raises fry in them all the time. I was going to reccomend letting the parents raise up the fry for a while. I have bred kribs in the past and they make great parents. It's a lot of fun to watch. You might have some trouble from the rams but kribs are pretty tough the fry should be ok.

They are in a 36, it's a bit of an experiment with spme dwarf cichlids so far it's going great! And yea when trying to get the fry I chased one to far and a ram ate him

Back
Top Bottom