hi :) looking for kribs advice!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motherkribs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi everyone :)

im a new member of the community and i just got my first tank for christmas last year, after showing an interest in aquascaping i thought id give it a try myself, so here i am ^^

i recently just noticed that one of my kribensis had babies (around a dozen from my attempts to count) and was looking for some advice on what to feed them and how to properly take care of them. at the moment ive just been feeding the parents a bit of extra food and mainly the 3 corys i have will keep to one side of the tank and the kribs to the other. i have no idea if they actually bred in the tank or if i purchased a pregnant fish, but im happy to have them because they are cute!!

my tank is 20L and obviously i cant keep 14 fully grown kribs in it, so i was wondering what i should do with the others? i dont know if pet shops would buy them or not, as there isnt many near my location, but i know my friend is willing to take a couple but that would still leave me with too many. any thoughts?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

baby Kribensis cichlids will eat finely crushed flake food, newly hatched brineshrimp and microworms. You can buy dry brineshrimp eggs from most pet shops or online and hatch them in salt water. Some pet shops sell microworm starter cutlures and you grow them in oatmeal. The following link has information about culturing food for baby fish and might interest you.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/back-to-basics-when-breeding-fish-380381.html#post3578561

Some pet shops do take in unwanted fish. They prefer healthy fish that are similar size to what you buy. Ring the local pet shops and see if they buy fish for cash or store credit.

Back
Top Bottom