Kribs and Green Terror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cilantro

Aquarium Advice Freak
Know this was a dumb choice just wanted to try it and my gt killed my male Krib and my female Krib is doing well other than a few little chases is there a way to reduce aggression at all? And it is a 40 gal breeder

Cilantro said:
Know this was a dumb choice just wanted to try it and my gt killed my male Krib and my female Krib is doing well other than a few little chases is there a way to reduce aggression at all? And it is a 40 gal breeder

Edit: gt is about 3 to 4 inches long

Did you know a male green terror can reach 12" long.Your tank is too small for a fish that reaches this length and as for putting kribs with them.That is a very bad idea.Kribs are dwarf cichlids from Nigeria and green terrors are large mean south american cichlid.Sooner or later your other krib is toast.please rehome the green terror it really needs at least 55 gallons IMO

The reason because I got him was because I heard of people keeping them in 40gal and at the moment I have no more space for a bigger tank I already have a55gal but with my africans

Cilantro said:
The reason because I got him was because I heard of people keeping them in 40gal and at the moment I have no more space for a bigger tank I already have a55gal but with my africans

A 55 would be for him alone.To house with other fish would mean an even bigger tank.Just because people have kept them in a 40 doesn't mean they should.I don't mean to sound mean but you could have researched this on the Internet before you put these fish in the same tank together and many sites would also recommend tank sizes for different fish.

Ya I did some research but not much and I know it's not mean like otherd think it's just you trying to educate us noobs a little I know he needs a bigger tank now and fire the moment I will leave him himself in the tank and hopefully get a bigger tank sometime soon and thanks a lot for the info

Your welcome :) and please don't keep the krib with the green terror.The green terror will be fine on his own for a while and they are beautiful fish.

Cilantro said:
Ya I did some research but not much and I know it's not mean like otherd think it's just you trying to educate us noobs a little I know he needs a bigger tank now and fire the moment I will leave him himself in the tank and hopefully get a bigger tank sometime soon and thanks a lot for the info

Thank you for being understanding. Like said in another thread, if we sugar coat things people usually wont take the advice seriously. Its not personal. We are here to help. From this one post you have good life personality traits. I too keep Africans, if I can help you out let me know.

joel618 said:
Thank you for being understanding. Like said in another thread, if we sugar coat things people usually wont take the advice seriously. We are here to help. From this one post you have good life personality traits. I too keep Africans, if I can help you out let me know.

+ 1 on this there are many on here that will give you all the help you need and it's great that you are taking it on board.I wish you all the joy and happiness that fish keeping brings to so many of us :D

Back
Top Bottom