Large Parrot Fish mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nanci333

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I
I just purchased a 55 gallon tank, stand, set up and 5 year old large parrot fish from someone on craigslist. Being delivered next week. Very excited! I really want to try and keep this parrot fish in his or her home. In preparing for my new tank and parrot fish arrival, I would love your advice/suggestions on what other type fish I can get to join the existing large parrot fish once the the tank is set up and re-cycled. Looking forward to your feedback.

I have a parrot in with rainbowfish, opaline guarami, and a rapheal cat. It all depends on his temperament. Mine is pretty peaceful and ignores everyone except for feeding time, he's a pig. When I add a new fish he gives chase a little but after a while he loses interest. But since yours is older you would just have to try and see what works. Do you know if he has ever had tankmates?

Forgot to add that my parrot is my favorite fish, he eats from my hand is fun to watch :)

Thanks for your response Amber. I did ask the current owner if he has had other tank mates and he said yes but during a power outage we had last year, the heat was off for a few days and they didn't make it. Didn't specify what type. I will ask him when he delivers the tank. Good question for me to ask. After doing some reading on parrot fish, I am realizing more and more how much his/her temperament will matter in deciding what other fish I can put in with him/her. I don't want to put fish in that he can eat. That would be very upsetting.
I will certainly look into the type of fish you have with yours.
Thank you again.

You're welcome and also ask what his temperament was with other fish. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom