Mean fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoverofCichlids

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55gal cichlid tank. All of my fish are getting along great except for my Snow White Socolofi. My friend gave "him" to me when she moved. He's the one I have and is about 2 1/2 inches. He's a holy terror. Noone I know has a cichlid tank to where I could give him away. ( I really don't want to anyway, very fascinating fish and beautiful) Would it be better to get others of his kind because it says these fish are not usually aggressive. Please help!

I have two of them and mine as a peaceful as can be. Then again, fish personality varies with each fish. You could try to get another one. Are you referring to the Albino or regular?

How are you liking the Leporinus? My brother had one that terrorized his fish. It even ate an Oscar. 8O BTW- They will get HUGE. Min tank of 70 gal.

The Leporinus is fine. He hangs out with the red tail eating whatever they can off the bottom. About the size, I sent my husband to Petsmart to pick up cichlid food and he came home with this fish for my 10 yr old son (the 20gal is in his room) I asked if he talked to anyone about this fish since I had never seen one and he said no. So, for now he's doing fine but when he gets bigger he'll have to go somewhere.

When I took the Lep back to the lfs for my brother (he doesn't EVER ask quesitons either), the guy said that they are not really all that aggressive. And i thought, uh-oh. Please don't toss him in a nice community tank. They probably just got a mean one though.

Back
Top Bottom