Moving a setup tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nogauthi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi
How could I move a 125 gallon African cichlids tank? I have at home a establish tank of 65 gallon with 17 cichlids. The tank I'm looking into getting has 30 cichlids. Is there a way I can move that

Depending on your LFS, you can get bags from them to move the fish in. Drain the tank, keep as much of the decor/subrstrate submerged in tank water as you can in buckets, as well as filter media. Set up the tank ASAP in your home.

KryptiCouple said:
Depending on your LFS, you can get bags from them to move the fish in. Drain the tank, keep as much of the decor/subrstrate submerged in tank water as you can in buckets, as well as filter media. Set up the tank ASAP in your home.

What is LFS?

My lfs gives them to me for free then one day I went in with my friend and the same guy charged him 10cents each lol just depends

I had coolbox 5g and lots of buckets, a old 29g tank set up in the new house. Lots of work. :)

Just be sure and completely empty the tank before you try to move it. Leaving any substrate or water in it can cause the seals to give when you pick it up and then it will leak on you.

Wy Renegade said:
Just be sure and completely empty the tank before you try to move it. Leaving any substrate or water in it can cause the seals to give when you pick it up and then it will leak on you.

Crap, I wanted to try to leave my gravel in my 29 and just slide it onto a plank to carry.

Crap.

Crap, I wanted to try to leave my gravel in my 29 and just slide it onto a plank to carry.

Crap.

I would think moving it on a plank would be OK? My guess is the weight of the gravel being unevenly distributed when you pick up a tank is what causes the seals to have a problem. No different than moving a tank on a stand somewhere, and I have slid my daughter's dresser with her filled 5gal tank on it all around her room when cleaning. I could be wrong though....

Yep I'm gonna chance it, it's risky but I'm a wild child. Ill report back in December if we failed or if my slip n slide method worked.

If it fails, oh well guess I need a 55 gallon!

Back
Top Bottom