Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

My GBR is a BULLY

Hey everyone! I purchased some gorgous juvenile Sunset Angelfish on Saturday from a local breeder here in Phoenix, drip aclimated them and added them to my 55 gallon which was recently cycled and only house my GBR for a couple days. I will post pictures later on ~ they are soooo cool.
Anywho, when ever the lights come on my GBR chases them around the tank, hurding them in a corner and then nipping at their tail fins if they are too slow to get away. Once the lights go out, he hangs out in his little lace rock cave and ignores them.
I know they are slightly territorial, but will he get used to the angels and stop being such a bully?

Thanks!

Old 02-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
What do you have for ornaments or plants? Try rearranging the decor to break up territories to see if that helps.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Add some hiding places and the angles will be able to put your GBR in its place in no time!

Tags
bully, gbr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com