Need help stocking my tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucky3y13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello every body need help have 2 tank they are both cycled. A 55 gallon and a 45 gallon. i really want a cichlids from my 55 transferd to my 45 because its in my room and will get more enjoyment out of it. i have 2 jewels, 2 assorted cichlids, 2 peacocks, and 1 arutus cichlid, and 2 rainbowsharks in my 55, but i only want 1 jewel the 2 assorted cichlids, 1 peacock, and the 1 arutus transfred. i have 325 gph on it the tank is a 45 gallon tall and i also want dither fish (zebra danios) my water comes out the tap a 8.4 ph and hard. I also want to turn the 55 into a south american cichlid tank any advise on that as well. thanxs (ANY INPUT Would help i just dont know what to do.
:thanks:

It's not a good idea to mix the assorted cichlids, peacock(which will get huge), auratus, and jewel together
They require different water and will get aggressive with each other
Also, the rainbow sharks will en up being very very aggressive towards each other

well they all get along nicely but what do you suggest i do and how many could fit in the 45 with dither fish. and what about stocking my 55 wiht south american cichlids.

well they all get along nicely but what do you suggest i do and how many could fit in the 45 with dither fish. and what about stocking my 55 wiht south american cichlids.

they all get along in my 55 gallon is what i meant
and from my resaerch peacocks only get 4-6 inches.

Back
Top Bottom