Neolamprologus caudopunctatus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been growing these out in a 20 gal high for months now. We picked up a bag of 6 at a club meeting and ended up with 5. Based on size and coloration, I believe we have 2 males and 3 females. The largest 2 fish are about 2", so they have a ways to go to max adult size, but they have started displaying lately. Cross your fingers!

Anyone who has kept these before and has any input, please feel free to share it. (Statenislandcichlids, freakgecko, I'm looking at you) ;)

Fa4HwAg.jpg

mqzIZIk.jpg

UjktiZj.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Severum mama, where did you get your shells for the tank? I have been looking all over for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The only shellies I have long term personal experience with are multies (not for lack of wanting new species, just lack of space and money). I believe there was a member on here who had them and they had just started to breed, Trustmedia I believe, but I haven't seen them on in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha, I actually have them in the tank next door to our multies. They flare at one another through the glass a lot.

Never kept them myself, but from what I've read about them a 20 high might just be big enough for 1 pair, really need more space for more of them.

Oof. Well that would take some major rearranging, but I will keep an eye on them and figure something out if need be. Thanks for the input. :)

I've worked with them before and the most important thing I learned was keep a lid on the tank at all times. I worked at an lfs for a while and I remember always finding these guys in other tanks or dried up. They weren't too aggressive and accepted most prepared foods. I never got a colony because most of my tanks were either planted or being used to raise guppies. I miss toes guys though. They don't have bright colors but they're really neat to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom