NEW Blue Ram male

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just purchased a new male blue ram. the lights went off as I was acclimating the little guy. The female was interested and was hovering around the new bag. I went and watched them while I ate some late dinner and they were flaring off to each other. I was so happy because he was super stressed, and she calmed him down. I think it might be love.

Kinda crazy, I know...

The tank now has:
2 Rams- GBR and a Blue Ram ( are they different? )
6 Serpai tetras
3 Zipper Loaches
1 Clown Pleco

I want a sand bed, but I am extremely hesitant to pull the trigger because I don't want problems with my new aquaclear 50. With the zipper loaches how much sand will be kicked up? Will it mess up my aquaclear? I would love another opinion as the lfs I go to thinks it might be tricky.

Drew

Drew,

Man i know this is going to sound really crazy and out of left field but here is what i do about the sand because i have crushed coral in my cichlid tank. I found a new pair of my moms panty hoes and i cut the toe out or them and took a really small rubber band and placed around the filter and hoes... I know its weird but its inexpensive and it works great. NO more sand in your filters lol... Its funny cause i have add and my mom was like were did those panty hoes go too i had i said mom im sorry look in the fish tank... she just laughed and said good thinking...

I have sand in my cichlid tank and I just moved the intake for the filter about 5" up off the sand and havent had any problems.

good idea! but I still wonder if the difference of the burrowing loach will effect the filter differently than a cichlid...

I used to have a convict so I understand they can move sand, but those loaches are crazy!!

Back
Top Bottom