New Kribs are stressed, could it be the CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just purchased two male kribs to go along with the 3 females that I already have in my 29 gallon tank. They arrived yesterday and still do not seem to be adapting to my tank. They are lying on the bottom breathing very hard, sticking close together. Could the CO2 be causing this? I'm sure the tank they were raised in didn't have pressurized CO2. I currently have my spray bar turned up high and a power head in the tank. I also turned down the CO2. Any other thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.

LindaC said:
I just purchased two male kribs to go along with the 3 females that I already have in my 29 gallon tank. They arrived yesterday and still do not seem to be adapting to my tank. They are lying on the bottom breathing very hard, sticking close together. Could the CO2 be causing this? I'm sure the tank they were raised in didn't have pressurized CO2. I currently have my spray bar turned up high and a power head in the tank. I also turned down the CO2. Any other thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.
if it was co2, they would be gasking at the surface i think.

i am not sure a 29 is big enough for 5 kribs.... maybe 2-3

There is also a pair of apistos and 4 Serpae Tetras in this tank, oh and 2 small otts. I plan to remove all but one pair of kribs once the form a couple. At least that was my plan. I'm just concerned that they're not seeming to adapt to my water parameters.

Back
Top Bottom